1. Name and contact details of the data controller responsible for the processing as well as the operational data protection officer
This information about data protection applies to data processing by:
Controller: RETAIL BRAND SERVICES, Poststr. 14 – 16, 20354 Hamburg (hereinafter referred to as: “RETAIL BRAND”)
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
2. a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.retail-brand.com/de, the browser used by your device automatically sends information to our website server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without any action on your part, and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer;
- date and time of access;
- name and URL of the retrieved file;
- website from which access is made (referrer URL);
- browser used and, if applicable, your computer’s operating system and the name of your access provider.
We will use the specified data for the following purposes:
- ensuring the connection to the website is established smoothly;
- ensuring comfortable use of our website;
- evaluation of system security and stability;
- other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the above-listed purposes of data collection. Under no circumstances will we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your identity.
2. b) When using our contact form
We offer you the opportunity to contact us with any enquiries using a contact form provided on the website. A valid e-mail address is required so that we know who sent the enquiry and can respond to it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
The data will be processed for the purpose of contacting us in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR, on the basis of your voluntary consent.
The personal data we collect for the use of the contact form will automatically be erased after your enquiry has been processed.
3. Disclosure of data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only disclose your data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent, in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR, the disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in your data not being disclosed;
- a legal obligation exists for the disclosure, in accordance with Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR;
- it is legally permissible and necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you, in accordance with Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR.
Information is stored in the cookie that is related to the specific device used. However, this does not mean that we can immediately determine your identity.
In addition, we use temporary cookies to improve user-friendliness; these are stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you return to our website to use our services, it will automatically recognise that you have already visited our site as well as the entries and settings you made, so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the specified purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties, in accordance with Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer, or so that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. The complete deactivation of cookies can, however, result in you not being able to use all the functions of our website.
5. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data being processed by us. In particular, you may request information about the processing purposes, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, processing restriction or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the source of your data if it was not collected by us, and the existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about the specific details thereof;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to request the immediate correction of incorrect or completion of incomplete personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the personal data, if the processing is unlawful but you decline the deletion of the data, if we no longer need the data but you need it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or if you have filed an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format, or to request its transfer to another data controller;
- in accordance with Art. 7(3) GDPR, to revoke the consent which you had previously given to us at any time. As a result, we will no longer be allowed to continue processing the data based on this consent in the future;
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, to file a complaint with a supervisory authority. Generally, you can contact the supervisory authority in the country where you usually reside or work, or in the country where our company headquarters are located.
6. Web tools
6. a) Google Maps
This website uses the Google Maps service via an API. The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
It is necessary to store your IP address in order to use the functions of Google Maps. This information is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The operator of this website has no influence on the transmission of this data.
Google Maps is used in the interest of presenting an appealing on-line presence and making it easy to find places indicated by us on the website. This represents a legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
6. b) Google Web Fonts
In order to display fonts uniformly, this site uses so-called Web Fonts provided by Google. When you access a page, your browser loads the required fonts into your browser cache, so that texts and fonts are displayed correctly. The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
For this purpose, the browser you are using must connect to Google’s servers. This gives Google the knowledge that your IP address has accessed our website. The use of Google Web Fonts is in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our on-line presence. This represents a legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
If your browser does not support Web Fonts, your computer will use a default font.
7. Right to object
If your personal data are being processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR, you have the right, in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, to object to this processing, if there are reasons which arise from your particular situation, or you are objecting to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, that we will implement without giving details of any particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right to revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Data protection
When you visit our website, we use the popular SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This is usually 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will revert to 128-bit v3 encryption instead. Your browser will indicate whether a specific page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by showing a closed lock or key symbol in the lower status bar.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss or destruction, and unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.